Sunday 10 January 2016

Day 7 - Things

Today in gamemake I did a but of work on my game and watched some tutorials. The stuff on my game was little things like making textures and making my character able to move. I watched tutorials on how to do things like animation and sprites, but also one on how to make a basic platformer. I learned a lot about coding from reading up on how to make jump, It isn't as simple as it would seem because you need gravity and things like that while also binding it to keys and putting it on a timer so you can't just fly with it. I played around with the objects and how you use them in a room and I figured stuff out ; you can do things like make an object half in the room so it fully fits or you can actually configure gravity in the room settings. I need to work on learning more bits of code and how to put it together and I also need to talk to Jake about making sprites because, mine are horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment