Saturday 23 January 2016

Day 14 - Last Day

Today it was my last day of doing gamemaker and I worked with Justin for the last time in class. We are all going to be continuing working on it outside of school, I plan on working on the inventory system after school if I can get gamemaker working. This class I helped Justin again, we did some work setting up the cutscene but we wanted to do a bit more work on gameplay so we did other stuff. We wanted to fix the zombie AI but since it was Howie's code, we let him play with it.

The thing we spent most of the class was setting up the looting system. We did it all from scratch will only a general idea of what we wanted to do but, after messing with it a bit we started to actually do it. We tested it by making the fridge spawn an apple when you press "E" on it. The apple is an object too so you can interact with it. When you press "E" on it it says "Press E to consume" letting you "eat" the apple and destroy it. When you "eat" it you gain 20 health. We need to put a cap on how much health you can get because right now the health you gain isn't limited so when we reset the room to keep testing the apple, the players health kept going up by 20. I am going to continue working on the game with Jake, Justin and Howie but, I also hope to try and make my own game soon because working on this game has been a lot of fun. It has been so much fun I think that I am going to look into a career in programming, it's super interesting and I enjoy every aspect of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment