Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 5 - More Tutorials!



 Today I spent the class doing the final movement tutorial and doing projectile tutorials. I learnt a lot like how to actually make projectiles and fire them, how the direction in gamemaker works and how I can stagger the bullet timing with alarms. I was able to follow along and create a copy of the game he is making, it makes it a lot easier if I can do the tutorial in game maker while I am watching it. My game had a lot of errors while I was doing it but they all added up to human error, little mistakes that I made. My bullets were firing in weird directions and I was very confused until I looked at the bullet code and realized I made to copies of the same bullet so bullet2 was firing in 2 directions. I also had a problem where my bullet was firing in an odd position but I fixed that by changing the x position in the code.




No comments:

Post a Comment